Main topics of research: Theoretical Nuclear Astrophysics, Cosmology and Heavy-Ion Physics
I worked on a number of different research topics, in particular on compact stars (neutron stars, quark stars), (hyper)nuclear structure, hadrons in the medium, chiral effective models
- hypernuclei and strange hadronic matter
- strange quark matter and strangelets
- equation of state for neutron stars including hyperons
- kaon condensation in neutron stars
- neutron star constraints for the H dibaryon
- in-medium properties of kaons and subthreshold kaon production
- effective SU(3) chiral models for nuclear structure
- Disoriented chiral condensates in SU(3) and the chiral phase transition
- quark stars
- scaling properties in relativistic heavy-ion collisions
- dibaryons with strangeness
more recently, the research topics turned to the following ones
- Fermion stars, Boson stars
- QCD Phase Transition and Supernovae
- QCD Phase Transition and Cosmology
- Interacting Dark Matter
- Equation of state for neutron stars and constraints from heavy-ion physics
- Equation of state for supernova and neutron star merger simulations
The latest research in my group focuses on aspects of QCD for compact stars and the early universe.
Please have a look at the research pages.
A list of publications can be found at INSPIRE.